Monday, August 9, 2010

Recycled Reversible Bag



I made Novita's Reversible Bag, again.
This time I recycled the fabric for the bag, using cotton lace that was once sewn to make a tunic in May. I was hoping to sew a casual tunic using this lace, but I just found the fact that I was generally not so keen on this kind of garments after having my first tunic. I looked odd. It was just not right, but I didn't know how to describe other than that.

I used a light beige polyester fabric for supporting the cotton lace as well as an embroidered pink linen for the inner bag. Because I put a pocket and a set of magnetic closure inside of the bag, it's no longer reversible (again). FYI, I printed out the pattern larger (110%), as I carry so much stuff all the time. I'm 166cm (5'5"plus alpha), if you use me as a scale of the picture.

By the way, my very flowery reversible bag was loved too much, and I have to say it's nothing but a ragged sac now. It was so very useful and I took it with me everywhere almost everyday till the silver coating of the fabric was too tired. Though I wanted to ignore that my beloved bag was getting rotten, I couldn't live like Linus van Pelt in the end. A bag cannot be a security blanket! I quickly changed my mind and I'm happy with this new one. I'm fickle? Maybe not. Probably, not.

*100723-bag4
*100723-bag5


Love,
yoshimi




P.S. This is what it was.

12 comments:

  1. I want it, I want it! That is an absolutely beau-tee-ful bag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my... it's so beautiful! I just love that lace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fabric choice is very good for this bag, the lace makes the bag so dainty and girly. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so nice- a great look and a way to use a bit of lace in your wardrobe. I think I may copy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! I like it better as a bag too, and you've finished it off beautifully. The beige backing is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So creative and stylish. I would never have thought to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally understand bag addiction. But you're right, you have to make a new one once in a while :-). And this one is just fabulous.

    As to not liking yourself in tunics, be patient. For once, we're seeing a big change in fashion, it hadn't happened in a long time. These things take time. You need to see more of it on other people, you need to get used to how it feels on you. But remember, it takes 10 times tasting something for a child to get used to a new food. So you shouldn't you give a radically new fashion 10 wears before you give up on it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. To my taste this fabric looks better as a bag than as a tunic. That's a cute bag, I hope it will last a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous bag!! I would never have thought to make a bag out of lace, but yours is absolutely beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I actually love the tunic as well as the bag! Did you use a pattern for the tunic? If so, would you mind telling which one you used?

    I LOVE the fabric! Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. MG, thank you for your comment, and the tunic was made using the same pattern as I used for a pink pullover that was mentioned here. http://yoshimitheflyingsquirrel.blogspot.com/2010/10/bring-me-colors.html
    Hope it helps!! (^^)

    ReplyDelete
  12. MG, thank you for your comment, and the tunic was made using the same
    pattern as I used for a pink pullover that was mentioned here. http://yoshimitheflyingsquirrel.blogspot.com/2010/10/bring-me-colors.html
    Hope it helps!! (^^)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!!