Tuesday, January 5, 2010

a casual shirt for the husband

100102

I sewed my hubby a shirt.

I usually sew nothing but my own clothes. I don't feel like sewing, especially when I am asked (oh well... I'm selfish). On the other hand, I have to confess that I enjoy looking at people who look happy with the clothes that I make too.

So, when the energy that is needed for my rate-determining step is lower than usual, I happen to sew for others (for making myself feel good).

He seems loving it, as I see him in it so often. Yay for me!

100102
100102

=====
men's shirt

fabric: wool, pink-purple, twill, soft, slightly raised and thick
pattern: casual shirt no.11 from "the book for shirts for men" (ISBN-13: 978-4579111107)
** this is a Japanese book with full of shirt patterns, and I can strongly recommend it if the wearer is slim-build or not-very-tall. It is fully written in Japanese, though. I believe that the pattern always matters most for the better result.**


=====

Happy sewing ;)

11 comments:

  1. Very nice shirt and I agree, the pattern makes the difference. Wish I could read Japanese... Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks great! and I personally think, guys who can pull off PINK are very cool!!
    I am usually a selfish seamstless as well. onece in a blue moon, I make stuff for my husband :) hoping to make him more things though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely shirt! I've been thinking about purchasing that book. Heheeh.. I just might now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That shirt looks fantastic! Well done! I made a shirt for my husband too, and he was so appreciative I'm thinking of making him more... It's worthwhile sewing for others when they love it, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! Your topstitching is so perfect. I've been planning on making a pink shirt for my boyfriend also. This is great inspiration. In fact, I was just looking at this book in a store the other day and considering getting it, but my boyfriend is on the taller side with very long arms :) I'll probably stick to the Burda pattern that I know fits him!

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy hubby!!

    never made mine a shirt. but i love to knit for him!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very smart professional finish. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, I have this book and am a bit confused. Can I confirm that the seam allowance is included for the XL size and not for the others? Coz there is a dotted line with seam notations for the XL size but not for the others.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!!