Friday, January 29, 2010

BurdaStyle Jenny Skirt

100107
(this is my sewing den)


It's been awhile since my last post.
I've been busy with catching cold for some weeks, I know it sounds not funny. I think I need some outdoor-ish hobby other than sewing, to make myself tougher against those flu bugs.

Actually, when my friend M told me her idea about our "extreme sewing" (refer "extreme ironing" for understanding it) in this summer at some desolated coast of very lonely place where we have to walk for hours to reach, I thought I found my new outdoor hobby. No, I'm joking. We are not tough nor brave enough to call ours "extreme". But the idea of outdoor sewing, sewing buttons onto a shirt on the sea shore with my lovely sewing geeks sounds fun and something unusual. I think we'll do it. (photographs will be taken, of course.)

Jenny

Other than planning our "not-so-extreme sewing" tour, I sewed a skirt. The pattern I used was Jenny from BurdaStyle. I really love this pattern! You can think the pattern looks too simple to pay for it, but I have different idea. I think that when it is simple, it's difficult to be outstanding or even distinguished as better among the same kind (obviously I am thinking Jenny is such cute). I mean it's more difficult to make a garment look particularly better when the design is simpler because all of those in comparison are practically similar. I always admire things that is simple AND beautiful, and I see Jenny in such way. I needed to buy it. (I have to admit that I love elaborate & beautiful designs too. But I shut up about it for now.)

100129
Jenny

Therefore I sewed one new simple skirt and one new simple pullover in ultra plain colors, hoping they look better than how they are described in words.
Now I need the spring to come.

=====
BurdaStyle Jenny (skirt)

fabric:
wool/polyester tweed, in pink+white+pale beige+hint of shiny silver
thin and not so soft, easy fray

no alteration including the length
=====
anneeduex* p585d (pullover top)

fabric:
wool smooth jersey, in oyster white
thicker than T-shirt weight jersey, stretch very well, very very soft

lengthened and widened the sleeves
=====


Have a lovely weekend!

12 comments:

  1. Glad to see you again Yoshimi! The skirt is just wonderful! I always envy people who can wear pale colours, looking so simple yet sophisticated. But when I wear pale colours, I just look ill and washed out. Oh, the neighbour grass is always greener...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty ! I hope that you're fine !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your sewing den! It looks so cozy and the view is beautiful! You did a wonderful job on the skirt; you always look so elegant...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, your skirt is so elegant, you look beautiful! I'm sorry to hear you've been so ill with colds, poor thing! Do they sell echinacea supplement in Japan? I take echinacea in orangejuice all through wintertime and most years I escape the bugs.

    Now I have given you an award, it is the Kreativ Blogger award, if you will accept it, it is over here!

    http://thisisemilykate.blogspot.com/2010/01/seven-things.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your skirt and top are so beautiful and I love those colours! Looks very elegant.
    Is that Fujiyama seen from your window? What a magnificent view!
    Glad you're feeling better and good to see you back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...envy your sewing den...and the view! Agree with all, your garment always look so elegant. I love the color, all those pale and pastel color, I can't wear all those bright color...I'll look like a clown!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful and elegant outfit!Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm new to reading your blog but I'll be coming back. :-) Very elegant skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely clothing and blog. The Selfish Seamstress pointed me here. She was right...your stuff is elegant and impeccable.

    And your view...!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful skirt! hehe and I can't believe how tidy your sewing den is!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! I love the way you styled it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the skirt, especially the fabric choice. I used a poly tweed once and it unraveled terribly. I had to abandon the project.

    I wish the anneeduex site had English directions. So many of the patterns look nice and stylish!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!!